You can donate online through PayPal or Zelle, or by check:
- For credit card, click the Paypal button. (no Paypal account necessary)
- For Zelle, use the following email address to send your donation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For check, make it out to California Health Coalition Advocacy and mail it to 901 H Street, Suite 120 #1061, Sacramento, CA 95814
California Health Coalition Advocacy is a non-profit 501(c)(4), therefore contributions and gifts are not tax deductible.
CHCA Milestones 2023
Obtained legislative author to introduce our bill, SB 625 Newborn screening: genetic diseases: blood samples collected, which will allow parents greater ability to protect the genetic privacy of their children.
- Conducted dozens of meetings with committee members and consultants.
- Reached out to influential organizations to support the bill.
- Published a press release.
- Contacted an investigative journalist who then covered our bill on CBS Sacramento News.
- Provided expert witness for the Senate Health Committee hearing.
- Met with the main organization opposing our bill to work toward a solution addressing their concerns.
Lobbied against AB 659 (HPV Vaccine Bill) alongside other California organizations which resulted in the bill being amended twice to remove mandates.
- Co-hosted a Townhall to raise public awareness.
- Developed a Toolkit for constituents to fight the bill.
- Expressed concerns with the Author’s office.
- Discussed concerns and amendments with committee member offices.
- Contacted UC, CSU and CCC decision makers about AB 659.
- Worked with Convention on Heath Rights organizations to oppose.
For 7 years, CHCA board members have worked diligently to change college health mandates and we have seen great progress not only in college Covid-19 policies, but also in non-Covid immunization requirement and exemption policies.
- Continued to grow College Immunization Policies project members.
- Announced the astonishing changes to the CSU vaccine policy (EO 803).
- Requested that UC decisionmakers align their policies with the CSU immunization and federal covid policies.
- Kept thousands of students and families informed about policy updates.
- Maintained resources for students and families making college decisions.
CHCA Milestones 2022
Helped to defeat five bad bills:
- SB 866 Minors: vaccine consent - would have authorized a minor 15 years of age or older to consent to vaccines.
- AB 1993 Employment: COVID-19 vaccination requirements - would have required employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
- SB 871 Public health: immunizations - would have added COVID-19 to the list of diseases for which a child must be immunized in order to attend school or daycare.
- SB 920 Medical Board of California: investigations: record requests - would have authorized the Medical Board to inspect patient records without patient consent or a court subpoena.
- SB 1464 Law enforcement: public health orders -would have required sheriffs and peace officers to enforce public health orders rather than allowing them to do so.
Quoted in the legislative analysis on AB 2098 and in a California news outlet in an article about the bill.
Successfully lobbied with naturopathic organizations to get the Naturopathic Doctors Act amended to protect Traditional Naturopaths.
Conducted over 80 meetings with legislators, staffers and committee consultants to discuss our proposed bills and explain concerns about bad bills, provided expert witnesses, put out regular calls to action, sent floor alerts to all legislators, and made public comment during hearings.
Successfully used a new tool for constituents to schedule meetings and communicate pre-drafted messages to legislators and maintained our Take Action Toolkits on our Legislation 2022 page.
Co-hosted weekly strategy calls with allied organizations through Convention On Health Rights (COHR). Together, COHR organizations put out advocacy materials and calls to action on active bills.
Fought against the University of California, California State University, and California Community College Flu and COVID-19 vaccination mandates for students and employees and for fair religious exemptions and accommodations.
Co-hosted weekly Right To Refuse calls with National Health Freedom Action and leaders from other states. The national campaign helps organizations and grassroots advocates connect for the purpose of passing state laws that would protect the rights of individuals to make their own health decisions.
Promoted Religious Rights Coalition, a signature collection campaign to be used to protect and expand access to religious and conscientious beliefs exemptions in California.